„It´s not a quilt until it´s quilted!“
…because only the quilting makes the quilt!
Bring or send your tops (with or without batting/backing fabric), and I will quilt them on my APQS Longarm to your specifications.
Preparing the quilt
To avoid extra work billed separately, be sure to follow the points below:
- Avoid seam allowances that have been ironed apart.
- There should be no open seams.
- Remove all loose thread ends from the front and back of the top.
- The top must be cut square and carefully pressed.
- Topstitch the top all around once narrowly edged (less than foot wide!).
- All selvages must be removed
- The batting must be 10 inches larger than the quilt top on all sides.
- The batting must be cut square
- The backing must be 10 cm larger than the quilt top on all sides.
- Do not press the seam allowance(s) apart on a pieced backing.
- There must be no open seams.
- Remove all loose thread ends .
- The back must be cut square and carefully pressed..
- Topstitch the back all the way around once narrowly edged (less than a foot wide!).
The cost of quilting is calculated based on the following price structure + 19 % VAT:
|Quilting||Allover-Design, Pantograph, IQ, Quilt Path||from € 35,00/m²|
|Custom Quilting – freemotion quilting , based on the design and piecing||from € 70,00/m²|
|Assembly||depending on the size||€ 15,00 to |
|Thread||depending on consumption||€ 15,00 to|
|Batting||100% Polyester: Fiber-Loft ,150 cm wide.|
Cotton, bamboo, wool or silk
|11,00 €/m |
|Backing||Individually selected fabric from Quilt-Studio & Gallery||on demand|
|Extra work||ironing, piecing the backing, trimming edges etc||€ 15,00/Quilt|
|Binding||machine sewn on the front, by hand on the back||18,00€ / Meter|
Possible shipping costs are to be paid by the customer
Setzen SiePlease get in touch with me. I look forward to you and your work!